These workshops usually take place on weekends. For daily classes please see the Timetable
Saturday, 5th January 2019
Resolve to Evolve: Soul Awakening Hatha Vinyasa Flow Yoga Workshop with Yuri
2:00pm — 4:30pm
In this workshop you will be practicing how to coordinate your Breaths, Body and Mind to set your annual yogic intention with Pranayama and lots of Asana flows to awaken and nourish your own soul to welcome another beautiful days to come in 2019.
Yuri’s style of yoga is based on Hatha yoga but She also incorporate elements of Vinyasa flow, Power Yoga and pre and Postnatal yoga.
- Set your annual intention (Sankalpa)
- Breathe to centre of your being (Pranayama)
- Bring more Flow to Sun Salute
- Learn how to apply Bandhas (body locks)
- Improve your postures with better alignment from hip joint
- Strengthening core muscles
- Learn 5 minutes Meditation
- Learn deep relaxation in Yoga Nidra
Bookings and Enquires
07876 684 812 www.facebook.com/yuriyogalondon
Fees: £25 per workshop004407876684812
£15 / Concessions
More info about Yuri ...
- Resolve to Evolve: Soul Awakening Hatha Vinyasa Flow Yoga Workshop with Yuri
Thursday, 10th January 2019
Assisted self-practice - beginners course
7:00pm — 8:00pm | Beginners
This course runs (from time to time) on Thursday evenings.
Next Course: 10 January to 28 February 2019 (8 weeks).
Beginners often feel unsure whether assisted self-practice (also known as Mysore) Ashtanga classes are right for them, assuming that they will need to know the sequence before they start. However, this is not the case and, in many ways, learning in a Mysore class is the best and safest way to learn Astanga yoga as it ensures that each student is always working at their own pace and receiving individual attention.
This course is designed for beginners interested in the inspiring and dynamic practice of Ashtanga yoga and for those with some experience of guided ashtanga classes who wish to revisit the fundamentals in order to develop a self practice. By the end of the course you will be able to confidently join any assisted self-practice class, where you can continue to explore and deepen your practice.
We will cover the key elements of the practice, including:-
- The breath and how this enhances and regulates the practice, which then develops into a moving meditation
- Energetic engagement to ensure safe practice and increase strength (bandhas)
- Beginning a self practice and how a mysore class works
- Asana variations to meet every age, shape and level of fitness
PLEASE NOTE: No previous yoga experience required. This course is designed for complete beginners or those who wish to start going to assisted self-practice (Mysore) classes. ALL are welcome, but if you have any injuries or health issues, you must inform the teacher before the class starts.
Contact Caroline to reserve a place.
More info about Caroline ...
- Assisted self-practice - beginners course
Saturday, 19th January 2019
A General Iyengar Workshop with Khaled Kendsi
2:00pm — 5:00pm | All Levels
This General level workshop is an opportunity to deepen your practice.
Starting with standing poses and moving on to some intermediate poses including inversions.
The use of props to help support the body will allow you to experience the postures safely.
£35 – Contact Khaled to book07747 - 616914
About Khaled Kendsi
Khaled is a certified Intermediate Iyengar Yoga Teacher and has visited RIMYI in Pune several times where he has studied under the direct guidance of the Iyengar family.
- A General Iyengar Workshop with Khaled Kendsi